Monday, March 17, 2008

Yay! Done early!

It's almost 8:30pm and Sue is making one last fine-tooth-comb pass of tomorrow's newsletter, much earlier than I got done last night, thankfully. I can hope that the printing process will go quicker, but I don't want to get too optimistic. Still, I could be done by 11.

Some really interesting sessions today. The code that Dave Gash presented was very technical, but also very cool. And the session on personas and the usefulness of creating conversations with them, by Dave and Jean Farkas, was tremendously intriguing and interesting.

It seems, however, that a number of folks were less than enamoured withthe opening keynote speaker. While the topic of linguistics can be interesting, some saw the speaker as less so. I saw one comment alluding to hearing snores from the back of the room.

I don't think I've ever heard it as loud as it was today at lunch. So many people were in that room, seemingly all talking at once, that the noise level suddenly seemed to jump from hubbub to roar. And everywhere I looked between sessions, people were interacting.

Tomorrow comes the long day. Early start, aggressive schedule, little or no time to pre-plan writing or photography for Wednesday's newsletter. I'm going to be doing a lot of multitasking during sessions...

No comments: