Monday, March 3, 2008

Two weeks to go now....

This is the time that gets both exciting and stressful, although I'm sure not nearly as stressful as Joe (Welinske, the conference organizer) has it. Making final plans, making sure I have all my ducks in order, etc.

Of course, for those who can make last-minute plans, it's still not too late to register: http://www.writersua.com/ohc/reginfo.htm.

I'm trying something new this year. I don't have an updated version of IndesignCS, and I dont' want to spend the mucho dinero that Adobe wants for it, so I'm going to try the conference newsletter in Microsoft Publisher. Unfortunately, it looks like there aren't many books dedicated specifically to this software, so it'll be interesting to see how intuitive the new design from the fruits of Microsoft's usability labs really is.

And that adds to the stress--and the preparation time--because one more thing I want to accomplish if give this software a bit of a test run before I even leave.

Add one more thing: I'm giving serious consideration to buying a new car before I leave, a hybrid. I have my eye on a couple of 2007 Honda Civic hybrids, and if I make a deal before I go, it will significantly reduce my travel costs (or, to be more accurate, the travel costs for my company).

Two weeks and counting....

No comments: